Connecting with a Provider Has Never Been Easier
Keeping you and our community healthy and safe, as well as maintaining mental well-being, have always been and remain our top priorities. As we face challenges presented by COVID-19, we also strive to provide the care and support you and your family need to stay healthy — physically, mentally and emotionally.
What is Telehealth?
Quality Care at Your Convenience
Simply put, Telehealth enables you to remotely connect with clinicians for healthcare services and information by phone, tablet or computer. Utilizing user-friendly, HIPAA-compliant video and communications technology, this service allows you to see and speak with a doctor, nurse or therapist just as you would during an in-person consultation — all in real time, respectful of social distancing practices, and from your own home, office or anywhere you may be.
- Fast access to a UHS-credentialed provider for assessment, advice, education, intervention and monitoring, such as:
- Call with Doctor or Nurse
- Video Visit with Doctor or Nurse
- Individual Behavioral Health Video Session with Therapist
- Group Behavioral Health Video Session
Eligibility for Telehealth will depend on your medical or behavioral health condition and geographic location and ultimately will be determined by your provider.
For more information regarding medical eligibility, insurance coverage, and any out of pocket costs, please contact your provider.
Services Available with Telehealth at Holly Hill Hospital
- Virtual IOP Track A: M-W-F 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Virtual IOP Track B: T-Th 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.; In-Person Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Partial Hospitalization: In-person and online format available; Monday through Friday 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Teleassessments for all levels of care. Please call 919-900-5493 or 919-250-7111 to schedule your no-cost virtual assessment.
For more information, please call 919-250-7000.
We are here to help!